Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reversal?

When I came across the title of this article, I had to read it twice to confirm that I'm not reading it wrongly.

From: http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201110241132-285601/2.html

Man claimed to be beaten up by wife and kids

A man said that he was beaten up by his wife and children, then locked naked in a room.

Mr Chen (55, taxi driver) recounted the unusual incident that happened at about 10.30pm on 21 October, at his home on the eighth floor of Blk 422, Bukit Batok West Ave 2.

According to Mr Chen, he had chided his wife that evening for neglecting their family. This resulted in his wife becoming violent and attacking him. He said his son joined in the attack and strangled him from behind, while his daughter filmed the whole fight with her mobile phone.

"They attacked me and kept trying to snatch my keys from my hand. My wife then stripped me stark naked, without even leaving me my underwear" said Mr Chen.

"I had to call my brothers who stay in the same block for help," he added.

However, when his brothers arrived, Mr Chen's family refused to open the door and both sides ended up shouting and swearing at each other. The police eventually came to diffuse the explosive situation.

Mr Chen has since obtained a Personal Protection Order to protect himself from his family.

Mr Chen has been married to his wife for more than 30 years and has two daughters and a son. He intends to divorce his wife after the incident.

He believes that his wife had gone astray and begun neglecting the family due to bad influences from her friends. He also told reporters that he is afraid to go home now as his son is very violent.

The police have classified the case as domestic violence and are investigating.

---

This must be a lesser-known case of domestic violence. It's probably still normal if the wife beats up her husband, but when the kids join in the beating too, somehow it sounds scary...and what's up with stripping naked...

No comments: