Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Resolutions Review (Xian Hao)

Hi all,
As 2011 is coming to a close, I think it is time for me to do some reflections and see whether i hit the target i set for myself at the beginning of the year.

So here goes my 2011 resolutions review.

1) Improve CAP score to at least 3.7.
I did it!!! Very happy. Must continue to fight in the new year. Last sem alr.

2) Maintain close relationship with God!!!!
I think i did have a closer relationship with God this year as compared to last year. But of cos it can be improved.

3) Maintain close relationships with my wonderful cliques of friends (Zhui Xing, Uni, Ter lil chris, 5sis3)
Ups and Downs as usual. Conflicts and drifting apart issues do occur. But im glad that they are all resolved. Fantastic Trip to Bali with ZX too.

4) Build up more self confidence in myself!!!!! I seriously lacking in this area sometimes and hate myself for that. This year must improve.
Regarding this, i think still abit fail. Will doubt myself and my abilities at times. Haiz. Need to have more self confidence. Definitely lotsa room for improvements for this one.

5) Finish reading the book that i got for my Birthday last year and another book of my interest (be it finance, sociology or economics).
Yup. I did that. :) Read 2 books. A Gift to my Children by Jim Rogers and The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. Currently in the midst of reading Superfreakonomics by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner.

6) Hopefully have a chance to know more friends and join new clique. :)
I wouldn't say i had joined a new clique but im grateful that i had a chance to meet new people and we became close friends. :)

7) Get an Internship during the summer vacation.
Thank God for the opportunity to work in Coca Cola during the summer. :)

8) Shed 2 to 3 kg and flatten tummy. (Vigorous exercise coming up liao. Haha.)
I did exercise more this year. I might have lost some weight but the tummy is going no where. Lol.

9) Maintain passion in studies and whatever i do. Passion brings people further and stretches our potential. Very important.
Rather than having more passion in studies. I regret to say that my passion is slowly dying. Haiz. Not sure if it is a symptom that all final year students will face. 

10) Bank Balance is drying up. Must bring up the numbers!!!!!
Thanks to internship pay and government progress package, i managed to maintain the numbers. Didn't bring up though.

11) Similar to last year, i will have a secret wish to myself.
Its the same wish as last year cos last year didn't come true so making the same wish again.
Hopefully can finally come true!!!
I wouldn't say the secret wish had came true but things are looking good. I hope. Haha.

Reflections:
All in all, I would say that i had accomplished much of what i had set out to do.
Very thankful and grateful to God for all the opportunities that I have been given.
I received a lot of help from a lot of 贵人 as well. Thanks to them, the task to complete these resolutions becomes a little bit easier.
Lastly, I think i would need to work more on self improvement next year. I noticed that the resolutions not accomplished this year are all very personalized. Self confidence and passion, two things that i feel are very important in order to succeed and are qualities that i am lacking now. Yup.

Hope you guys had a really great year too.
And may 2012 be all the more awesome. Yay!!!!

Xian Hao

No comments: