Monday, June 14, 2010

Ride-As-Long-As-You-Like...

...for a fee of 2 bucks.

From: http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201006101735-158719.html

地铁站呆太久 将被“罚款”2元

在地铁站逗留太久,会被“罚款”2元!

很多公众并不知道,原来在地铁站内逗留超过限定时间是违反条例的。违例者将无法用易通卡通过闸门,必须缴付2 元的行政费后,才能获准离开地铁站。

一名男子就因为在地铁月台上与朋友聊天而忘了时间,在乘搭地铁到站后无法通过闸门。

男子说,他是上周在布莱德站以易通卡通过闸门进入月台,准备乘坐地铁前往榜鹅站。平常这段车程需要30至40 分钟。

“我在布莱德站和一个朋友聊天,聊久了些,到了榜鹅站后,易通卡竟不能通过闸门。”

他向地铁站职员了解,才知道原来他在地铁站里的时间超过规定时间,必须缴付2元。

男子声称,从来不知有此条例,于是将经历放上网公开,提醒大家不要在地铁站内逗留超过时限。

---

Long long ago, I used to take joyrides on MRT. That means I took the train without any destination in mind. I wanted to experience the 'feeling' of riding to some stations, especially those far in the east side. At the same time I would enjoy the scenery through the window, though it wasn't that fantastic anyway. At that time I was really fascinated with the MRT system. Even tried to memorize all the stations in order. No big deal though, since many could recite the station names in order without memorizing on purpose.

Back to topic, this 2-hour limit would mean that long-distance joyrides may not be possible. If I'm not wrong, it takes slightly more than an hour from Boon Lay to Pasir Ris. Thus I'll be fined if I were to travel to and fro between these two terminal stations.

Chatting at the platform may not be a bad idea. There are seats which are periodically empty. When you feel like going home, you can just hop into the train straight away. The downside is, we have to endure with hunger and thirst, as well as hold our bladder haha.

Actually rather than chatting at the platform, chatting in the train may be a better idea. Firstly, the train is always on the move, so you can look at different scenery out the window haha. This only applies if the train runs above ground though. Secondly if the conversation ends and you wish to go home already, you can just wait until it reaches your destination. Or, if it has passed the stop, you can just get off and ride in another direction. This will make fuller use of our time outside. However most people would probably get off the moment the train reaches their stop...

After all the flowery talk, the benefit of chatting in the train depends a lot on where one lives. If two persons live too far from each other, one of them have to sacrifice his journey.

Let's not mention about the MRT crowd haha...

No comments: