Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Blow your fats away

From: http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201006011516-156423.html

吹气球和唱歌有效协助减肥

听说过“吹气球减肥法”?今年初,日本不只流行吹气球减肥,也流行唱歌减重,这两种听起即轻松又简单的方法。

用各式各样的方法减肥的日本女生,近日迷上“吹气球减肥法”,吹吹气球就能神奇地燃烧掉顽固的腹部脂肪。这个不可思议的减肥法,是日本横滨市福田医院院长福田拌男提出的,受许多日本女性推崇。

不单是吹气球,据说唱歌也有练出平腹、小蛮腰的功效,因为唱歌与吹气球都用相同的呼吸法,都是腹式呼吸法。

福田院长认为,想要减肥得先燃烧脂肪,当体内燃烧脂肪时,最先燃烧的即是中性脂肪,唱歌正好可以帮助中性脂肪燃烧。

福田医院还曾做过实验,让3位女生分别唱5首歌,结果3人的中性脂肪全部降低了,其中两人更降低了一半。

“如果是载歌载舞的话,唱完一首歌所减掉的中性脂肪更加可观。”

让中性脂肪降低的腹式呼吸法,与一般平常常人习惯的呼吸法不相同。

减肥者得深吸气深吐气,让腹部肌肉收缩,同时促进新陈代谢,结实腹部肌肉群,脂肪分解时所需的氧气也能充分被吸收。


Do you really believe in such method of weight loss? Personally I don't. The scientific explanation seems logical but I doubt there will be much effect at all. As long as our body is exerting energy, I believe that some fat will be burnt. (of course the energy spent has to come from somewhere right?) The key is whether how much fat will actually burn. Not to forget we're gaining some fat too as we eat.

Who knows the amount of fat burnt when taking a 10 minute stroll may be equivalent to that when blowing balloons continuously for an hour. Moreover a stroll is much more enjoyable than just blowing balloons. Singing may be a good substitute for breathing workouts but I don't think it will aid a lot in fat-burning. I'm sure you guys can think of many good powerhouse singers who are plump. Ok maybe their big size is due to their respiratory muscles and not fats, but then well...

It's still the best to stick to traditional methods of losing weight. All these news and discoveries are just trying to seek excuses for lazy people =p.

Perhaps in the future we'll see articles like 'Yelling/Yawning/Crying/etc can help to lose weight'.

No comments: