Friday, March 19, 2010

He or She?

A bit old but still relevant

观众担心电视反串秀太多 孩童易性别错乱

本地黄金时段的电视节目,近期频频出现反串秀的桥段,引起引争议,有公众担心这样的表演泛滥,会导致年轻一代产生性别错乱的危机。

一名自称是本地电视迷的读者,投函《海峡时报》言论版表示,最近和亲朋戚友聊天时,大家都纷纷指责本地的综艺节目越拉爱越极端,尤其是大量出现的反串秀,更可能把错误信息传达给年轻一代,影响其身心发展。

读者说,电台DJ周崇庆在综艺节目《女王本色》扮演阿嫂“Aunty Lucy”很有娱乐性,充满喜感,偶尔穿插这类角色,确实为单调节目注入色彩,但在《城人新杂志》,男女主持人无节制的大玩反串秀,就让人觉得非常反感。

《新明日报》访问了多名家长,多数对反串秀感到反感,但也表示父母应该监督孩子看电视,才能避免孩子受到不良的影响。

From http://showbiz.omy.sg/Showbiz/E-News/Story/OMYStory201003061532-133387.html

It seems like ever since Aunty Lucy became popular, crossplaying has become more common in TV. Has it become a successful entertainment formula to attract the viewers' attention and laughter?

Every now and then you would probably see men dressing up as women, especially in variety shows. Or men acting sissy roles in dramas. In the recent years I find this kind of thing really common. Sure it does entertain the audience, but how do the actors feel? I wonder if they really enjoy playing such roles.

Of course for a professional actor, he must be ready to accept any kind of roles. Acting womanly may not be easy for a man, especially for a celebrity whose image is of utmost importance. Moreover not everyone can perform up to that standard. For example 黑人, who was criticized for his half-past-six sissiness in 大喜事.

Let's look at the 实力派演员 of Mediacorp, 陈汉玮 and 谢韶光. Both have acted sissy (and weirdo) roles before, and even won the Best Actor award for their performances. (Remember which drama?) In order for actors to reach their level, is it really necessary to be able to handle such roles? Come to think of it, 黄炯耀 do get sissy roles pretty often too. Can you think of any more actors?

As for 周崇庆, I've confidence in his crossplaying skills even before Aunty Lucy emerged. Remember his Aiyoyo role? If you've a better memory you could probably remember his role in 真爱无敌. I think his success is also partly due to his looks haha...

Back to the problem mentioned in the article, I think parents are getting too uptight. I don't think gender roles can be easily confused, even for a child. Everywhere in the real world, we're exposed to the 'proper behaviour' that each gender should act. A scene of crossplay in TV would not affect one's perception much.

When I was small, the first time I witnessed crossplaying on TV was 梁婆婆. It brought me much laughter, and other than trying to imitate the hu hu hu thingy, I didn't experience any 性别错乱 as mentioned. I knew 梁婆婆 was a guy and the purpose of crossplay was just to entertain the audience.

But then, crossplaying may go overboard sometimes...

王禄江彭耀顺装波扮Aunty 观众炮轰恶心

王禄江和彭耀顺在《城人新杂志》节目中,穿裙、装波男扮女装,被观众炮轰恶心,看了反感!

上星期五播出的综艺节目《城人新杂志》中,主持人彭耀顺和王禄江,分别穿上粉红色连身裙,和青白色的女性轻便装,反串为阿嫂。

两人饰演上巴刹买菜的安娣,在镜头前搔首弄姿,举手投足非常女性化,也十分夸张。

他们为节目的不同单元串场,在1小时的节目中以阿嫂造型出现好几次。

有观众看了节目后炮轰,两个大男人扮成女人,实在让人看不下去,也有观众投函报章,指看了节目感到恶心。

From http://showbiz.omy.sg/Showbiz/E-News/Story/OMYStory201002261505-131314.html

I couldn't agree more haha. Things changed from 好笑 to 恶心 when they appeared. Especially Adrian Pang, whose manly image don't fit the cross-role at all. I was wondering why has 城人杂志 resorted to such approach. One or two scenes are fine, but their appearances were simply too frequent.

When it comes to entertainment effects, it's best to 适可而止.

No comments: