Tuesday, December 19, 2006

plans n pursuit of the star online version

ok... i have a great time today!!!
though i tink i lose in almost all the competitn....
it was great!!! i love the monopoly game!!! when can play again?
ok... i have checked e date for bidding...
ok... i dun tink can 28 can go out cause that day is the first n most impt round of bidding....
then 29 i tink we can go out as soon as it is close bidding but that is ard 1pm... or mayb sala wants to bring her laptop out? then can keep track of the bidding n shopping? :p
i help u carry? then we can play monopoly!!! ok... juz an idea....
so how?

ok... now the online version...

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows


“Hey, Wumi!” a yell could be heard as the four of them looked up.

“Jim?” Wumi asked as he opened the door with the others following wondering at what the commotion was about.

“Yeah, me. I got an extra tree and my wife wants me to give it to you. She says you might want to have one in your house,” a tall strong man answered with a grin as he pointed to the small tree besides him.

“Thanks a lot, Jim but I am not sure if I could,” before Wumi could continue, Jim grinned and cut him off.

“No, you don’t have to pay me or anything. We just want it to give you as a present, seeing that you are alone in the house. But I guess not anymore. Guests?” Jim asked as he smiled amicably at the girls who were standing near the door, trying to study the tree.

“But you don’t have to do this, Jim. You and Sally have been taking care of me since bro left,” Wumi tried to refuse but Jim just laughed and shook his head.

“Just have fun, kid. It is Christmas Eve tonight. And nice to meet you ladies,” with a wave, Jim left.

“Well, that’s that, I guess,” Wumi mumbled, “So what do we do with the tree?”

“Well, it’s your house so you don’t have to ask us,” Tress answered.

“Maybe just place it somewhere?” Sala suggested as she looked around, “how about right to the fireplace? I know you don’t light the place now due to the snow blocking the chimney but I think that is where most Christmas trees were placed?”

“I don’t know,” Wumi replied, “guess I just put it there. You know what, I’m beat. I think I am going to bed earlier tonight.”

“Maybe me too,” Xiaomei said as she too, turned towards the room she shared with the other two.

“Somehow, Christmas eve makes me sleepy,” Tress commented as all of them headed towards their beds even though it was still quite early.

~ Later in the night~

Silent night! Holy night!
All is calm, all is bright,
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child.
Holy Infant, so tender and mild.
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

~on a cliff ~

She had found this cliff last night as she wandered around last night. She had woken up from a dream or nightmare she could not remember. Looking around the other two were also missing. Guess they were unable to sleep too. It had been the same as the night before. She had woken up after a short sleep, to find the two of them missing from the room. Quietly, she crept out through the window and came to this cliff which she had found just the night before.

Today was supposed to be a special night. Today was Christmas Eve, a few days after they had met. Yet, all of them retired to their beds early, claiming to be tired. Somehow, there was a tension in the air as Christmas approached. She didn’t know about others except for Tress and in turn Tress understood her as well. After all they grew up together.

“Christmas again,” she muttered to herself as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the feel of the breeze blowing against her, “well, at least this is the first Christmas I won’t be spending in the palace.”

“Mother! Can I go play in the snow with Tress and the other girls?” a childish voice asked.

“No, dear. There is a banquet later and you are expected to attend,” a gentle voice answered.

“But that’s boring! I want to go out and play!” the child argued, pouting.

“Sala! You are a princess! You should not play but do your duty as a princess. You are to attend the banquet and smile and be proper as a princess should.” The Queen chided.

“Why can’t I play or why can’t we just have a small heart warming dinner like the others? Why must I stay in a room where I don’t know half the people and pretend to be happy?” the child cried. She could not understand why.

“It’s your duty, Sala. You can’t change that.” the Queen answered firmly.

“I hate it! I hate it!” the child screamed as she ran to her room.

“But then I still go to the banquet and smiled at everyone,” Sala whispered to herself as she mocked herself, “talk about loneliness in a crowd.”

“And I did go to the banquet that year and the year later and the year later,” she sighed, “well at least not this year!”

It was then she thought of something. Well, this is the first Christmas she was going to enjoy, no matter what.


You better watch out,
You better not cry.
Better not pout,
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town…
~beside a river~

Moonlight filtered through the clouds as she sat on the river bank, watching the ripples. It had started to snow the day before. The day they met. It was a bit strange for the last snow that appeared in this area was twenty years ago. Maybe it had something to do with the appearance of the monsters that she and Sala was investigating about.

“Well, nothing is sure yet,” she muttered, “funny that the river is not frozen yet. I always think that the water would freeze after the snow started to fall.”

“Then again, I cannot be sure about that,” she sighed, “hey, I got to stop talking to myself. Might make others think that I am insane. Well, maybe I am… okay maybe not. Think I heard somewhere that if you know that you are crazy, you are not. Well, maybe I really am crazy! I am talking to myself again!”

“It must be Christmas,” she mumbled a minute later, “brings back bad memories.”

“Mummy, can daddy come home tonight? It’s Christmas eve!” a small girl asked hopefully.

“No, dear. Remember, there is a banquet at the palace. The guards have to be there.” The mother reminded the girl.

“But I thought everyone will be able to gather together? We see daddy so few times a year…I thought today will be a time for a family to gather…” the child said disappointedly.

“And then it was the same for the years later. Go play with the others in the snow then look at the others in envy as they have dinner with their families. Me? I can only wish…” she sighed, “well at least I have friends this year.”

Special Christmas means special gifts! And celebration! She thought as she spotted something that made her smile.

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,Jingle all the way!
O What fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh.

~ Under a tree~

He sat in the shadows of the trees, knowing better to stay near the light from the house. He might just sleep in the dark before but with the appearance of the beasts, it might be safer to be in the light.

“Christmas,” he mumbled, “a year had passed once again.”

“You are staying home today, right, bro?” a boy asked hopefully, “it is Christmas eve so families gather together right?”

“Sorry, kid but I have to work tonight. I need to sell the matchsticks, remember? We need the money,” an older boy answered.

“But… but…. Tonight is Christmas Eve! Can’t you sell them tomorrow?” the boy asked again.

“No, kid. You still need to eat everyday, right? Don’t worry, I won’t stay out too late,” the older boy promised.

“Ok… but I am not liking it,” the small boy replied seriously but the other boy just laughed at his younger brother.

“And…don’t be a matchstick girl okay?” the smaller boy asked worriedly.

“Matchstick girl? What are you talking about? I am no girl,” the older boy asked, puzzled.

“You know the girl who died in the snow,” the smaller boy rolled his eyes at his big brother’s ignorance.

“Okay, but I am not a girl, Wumi! And I am not even selling matchsticks!” the older boy said in mock anger before he waved and turned, laughing.

“Then he left. And it had been ten years since then,” Wumi mumbled, “this is the tenth Christmas I am spending without him.”

Then he shook his head. Well at least he was not alone this Christmas! Then, he looked around and found something, smiling.

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

~by the fire~

She watched the flames dance as she hugged her legs closer to herself, resting her head on her knees. She could not sleep tonight. Well, maybe it was the fact that tonight was Christmas Eve.

“Christmas again?” she sighed, “well, another year had passed so quickly.”

“Papa, where are they going?” the small girl asked.

“Out with their friends,” the man answered absentmindedly at his youngest daughter’s question.

“Why, papa? I thought Christmas Eve is to be celebrated as a family?” the child asked innocently.

“Christmas is not celebrated by us, Mei. It is a western tradition where we might be at makes no difference to the festivals we celebrate,” her father explained, his eyes not leaving the account book in his hands.

“But I thought the other big sisters are going out to celebrate with their friends?” the small girl asked.

“Yes,” her father replied, “they can do the things they want.”

“Then can I go with them?” the girl asked hopefully.

It was then her father took his eyes away from the book and looked at the girl, “no. you are too young.”

“But it’s unfair!” the girl whined, “I also want to go out and have fun!”

“You are only seven so you can’t go out,” her father scolded, “now be quiet and let me finish calculating this stack of bills.”

“I hate this, papa!” the girl screamed as she ran to her room, grabbing her favorite bear.

“Then I cried myself to sleep,” she smiled sadly, “kind of stupid actually.”

She watched the flame dance around for a while before she saw something that caught her eyes. Well, maybe her parents did not celebrate Christmas but she was not at home now. Maybe…


All I want for Christmas
Is my two front teeth,
My two front teeth,
See my two front teeth.
Gee, if I could only
Have my two front teeth,
Then I could wish you
"Merry Christmas!"

~in the dark~

I just need to get closer to that tree and placed all these under it, she thought as she crept quietly into the dark room.

No sound, no sound, I think the others are still sleeping, she thought to herself as she tiptoed.

“Aah!” a scream pierced through the quiet night.

Shocked, she dropped the small things in her hands, creating more noise as she bumped into something or rather someone as another yell followed. Stunned, she was speechless.

“Who is there?” someone yelled.

“Wumi?” another voice answered.

“Sala?” she asked, finally getting her heart to slow down a bit.

“Actually, no? I’m Santa Claus?” Sala answered sarcastically.

“Oh, really? I am Santa Claus’s elf,” another voice replied.

“Xiaomei?” Wumi asked again, “so can someone light something? So we can see each other? Where’s the lamp?”

“Here,” Tress answered as she lit the lamp.

It was then they realized they were all in the room with something in each of their hands though Tress’s had dropped to the floor and was currently picking them up after putting the lamp on the table.

“So… I hate to copy this line from a show that was really childish but… are you all thinking what I am thinking?” Sala asked as she noticed all of them were facing the Christmas tree.

“I think so,” Xiaomei answered as she smiled, “well, guess I am not the only one who wants to have a special Christmas.”

“Abruptly so,” Tress answered as she grinned, “well, so there’s no need to be secretive anymore?”

“Well, not that anyone can be secretive with all the screaming around. By the way who was the one who screamed? I know it is not Tress. She was the one who bumped into me after dropping everything on the floor,” Wumi asked as he smirked, “I am after all the best to keep quiet out of us.”

“Sorry but you are the one who yelled, remember?” Tress retorted.

“And I screamed because someone bumped into me in the dark,” Sala protested, “It’s not my fault.”

“And it sure was not mine,” Xiaomei snapped, “how was I supposed to know that you are standing in front of me?”

“Okay, I think we need a time out here,” Tress said, “after all, let’s all admit we are all bad at this.”

Just then, something whizzed and exploded. All of them looked out of the window to catch a glimpse of a firework. Soon, there were yells of “Merry Christmas” ringing through the air.

“Well, it is Christmas!” Sala announced happily, “Merry Christmas!”

“Merry Christmas!” the other three replied as they broke into laughter.

“Though I might not know much about Christmas, I do know one important thing about it,” Xiaomei smiled as she paused and smiled, “presents!”

Together, they sat in a circle, holding a small burden in their each of their hands.

“So who’s to start?” Wumi asked as he looked around.

“I don’t know, I anything,” Tress answered, followed by a few “me too.”

A few minutes of silence before Sala broke it, “oh please, I go first?”

She took out three feathers as she placed them in front of the other three slowly. Then she looked at the others hesitantly before she started to speak.

“Well, feathers mean wings. I hope that you can all have wings to fly to your dreams?” Sala said simply as she smiled uncertainly.

The others nodded and smiled as they picked up a feather each, thanking Sala.

“Well, guess we might go in a circle. So that makes me next,” Tress said before she paused and then continued a bit uncertainly, “well, here they are.”

She gave a stone to each of them as she explained, “well, I hope that you can find a stone to anchor your life and to give stability. Less unpredictable situations, I mean. That is bad for health,” she joked as she continued teasingly, “but then being with Sala, I am not sure a stone can work. More likely need a mountain.”

“Hey!” Sala protested as the others laughed, “quit laughing! Xiaomei is next.”

“Okay, so here,” she said as she finally calmed down enough, “these are candles. Well, to light up your lives. Hey not that I mean your worlds are dark or anything. But you know.”

“Umm… Xiaomei… too much light means blinded you know?” Sala asked teasingly.

“Okay, my turn,” Wumi said as laughter died down, “leaves. I hope that all of you can be like leaves. Float on water instead of sinking. Float on the breeze to where you want to.”

“And I guess to leave the tree when the time comes?” Xiaomei finished for Wumi.

“I guess,” Wumi said as all of them picked a leaf each and thanked him.

All of them looked at the small but meaningful presents in their hands for a while before Xiaomei broke the silence.

“Umm… I don’t know about you all but this is one of the best Christmas for me. Thanks a lot!” Xiaomei smiled brightly.

“Me too.” Tress answered.

“Me three!” Sala said as well.

“Me four?” Wumi asked uncertainly as the others laughed.

Together they talked for a while before they retired to bed dreaming of the meaningful Christmas Eve they just had.

Merry Christmas…
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy New Year.

hey ppl! muz feedback... i go work on chap 4...

No comments: